Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Steampunk from the closet....

Happy New Year....
     While I have had a busy 4 months, we have lost a member of our extended family. We have been hosting my mother in law since October... Cleaning out an estate...Thanksgiving, Christmas....working on the wedding and the store. So I feel like my hair is gray, my stress level....out of here!....
      Been looking at Pintrest way too much. Getting ideas for posts, looking at steam punk clothing for the ladies. So here is an outfit that I put together from my closet, while I did make the cami for my friend, I started with a pre-made one.  Salvation Army is my go to store, I love shopping there, I got everything there for this post.  

                                                                             This
from this

2 Belts, Cami, 2 Safety Pins,a clip and a piece of bias tape cut in half
Ann Taylor tiered skirt
I wanted to show a way to transform without permanently altering the skirt. I took the bias tape and used it to do the front gathers of the skirt, with the safety pins. 
then tuck them in
Add a shirt, even a button up white dress shirt would work. a couple of belts. One is like a belly dancer belt, paid a buck for it, that I used a jewelry clip to hold it together. The other looks a bit like bullets, I paid .80 cents for it.



Hope that this inspires you to look again in your closet.
I will be posting more in the weeks to come.


Terri





























                                                 

1 comment:

  1. That is a great skirt alteration. In the past I pinned up a couple of skirts like that but just with pins, and the pins ripped some small holes in the material of one of the skirts. The bias tape method is great because it won't ruin the skirt!

    ReplyDelete